Friday, December 28, 2007

back to the hotel today

Mom and I went to the Jewel store by cab this morning to get groceries for Gordy's home (Hotel) coming. When we got back we put together venison stew and put it in the crockpot for dinner. Then we walked up to the hospital to pack up Gordy's belongings to bring him back to the hotel. Gordy is feeling really good. I almost beat him in a three streets game of gin, but I goofed up at the end. Dinner was very good, but filling. Thanks Michelle for providing the vension. :)
The training went well. We are all educated now on how to change his dressing, change the batteries in the LVAD and respond to the alarms. There is a lot more to the LVAD pump with all the different alarms that could occur. As long as Gordy continues to feel good there shouldn't be any problems.
In a week or so once the doctors have checked his lung pressures, if they are good, Gordy should be able to be put back on the transplant list.
Tomorrow I will go back home on the train. Mom will stay with Gordy until Kim comes on Sunday to be with Gordy for the New Year. Then mom will be back on Tuesday.
All is well, we are all so happy to see Gordy doing so good. Please feel free to give your well wishes to Gordy on this blog.

All the best, Deb

No comments: